Custom Search

Dec 3, 2008

wake up call

Our newest roomate: "Jerry" or "Coal"

SO, this morning was very interesting to say the least.

It began pretty ordinary, with me waking up at the butt crack of dawn. I sat down to watch a little TV and then heard a noise. The noise was a rustling sound, like a plastic bag being crumpled up.

I traced the noise to the kitchen. Then I traced it to coming from under the sink. I open the cabinet under sink, and looked in the garbage and sure enough there was the source of the disturbance - a mouse!

I woke my roommate Kristina, cause I wasn't sure if she had put the mouse there the night before as part of a science experiment or whatever. She was shocked to find a mouse in her garbage pal.
"aww how cute. can we keep him, jim, please."

We decided the best course of action would be to release the mouse outside in the backyard. Before we did this, Kristina thought she would give it a little food before sending it on its own, back to the wild. She cut up an apple slice and a piece of macaroni. The mouse loved it! I had to say it was a pretty cute mouse with big black eyes and soft looking fur. It did look good enough to be a pet, but I told Kristina its probably not a good idea because it could have rabies or could bite you or get loose.

While we were examining the little mouse presents he left for us in the cabinet, is when all hell broke loose. The mouse we thought was contained in a fairly steep and tall garbage had managed to climb up and jump out!

This sent me and Kristina screaming. And we followed it to the coat closet. We rummaged to get all the shoes and other junk out of the way so we could try to catch it again. We almost corralled it back into the garbage pal. It scurried around our little attempt to catch us. Ran back to the kitchen, under the refrigerator. It then ran under the stove.

We never found it after that. Kristina is working on securing a humane trap for capturing, not killing.

Nothing like being tricked by a humble looking mouse first thing in the morning. I feel dumb knowing we got played by a lowly mouse. What a wake up call!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

out. of. control.

Anonymous said...

OMG...this would only happen to you guys!!

I need a pet, you should have sent him to me. LOL

:-D

GoingMissionary said...

Oh Michael will love to read this. He will be picking on you for a while.

Amanda @ notsoextraordinary said...

hahahahahaha!!! that mouse OWNED you!

it's good to see you blog again, you're hilarious