Custom Search

Dec 5, 2008

wake up call - part 2



"There you are! Jim, I want to talk to you about my situation."

Well, I couldn't sleep well last night. So I decided to get up a 4am and watch a little mindless MTV's 'Next'. I was again surprised to hear a noise coming from the kitchen. I went to check it out and wham, I remembered we had set a Havahart trap the night before!

There he was our little mouse friend, securely locked away in a metal cage. He wasn't going to fool me again! Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, shame on me. Wasn't going to happen.

The trap is set so that you place food in the center to entice little mice onto it. Then when they step on the middle it trips a lever and the doors on both ends fall down together and then lock in place. Pretty clever design.

"Trapped like a rat!"

I gotta say though, this mouse is smart one. He managed to get an apple slice, a piece of macaroni and a pumpkin seed out of the trap before it final fell on him.

After a little time I got my coat on and placed the cage on top of some newspaper. I brought him to the apartment backyard and wandered a good hundred yards away. I then opened the trap and he scampered away into a pile of leaves.

I'm not even sure this was the same mouse that visciuously attacked me 2 days ago - this one seemed smaller. I can only hope this was a rogue mouse and we won't be seeing anymore of him. Unforunately, I think he may have friends hanging out somewhere. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

you are out.of.control.

WHY were you up at 4am. Learn to sleep like a normal person. Wouldja!?

Why are you taking pictures of a nasty rodent with my good camera?

Jim said...

I have to use your good camera. Its the only one that has batteries in it!

Amanda @ notsoextraordinary said...

I say put it in a sock and beat it to death... that or put it under your car tire... watch, now i'm going to get arrested for animal cruelty