Custom Search

Dec 4, 2008

getting fit


I've been exercising now on a regular basis, 4-5 times a week for almost 2 years now. I've noticed a gradual improvement in my overall weight loss (down about 20lbs from my college days). I've noticed an increase in strength and endurance. I've never really set goals other than that day at the gym deciding what I want to do. To get a little more serious I want to lay out a roadmap and a plan as a part of getting fit. So here goes.

From the MBA classes I took I learned that goals should be SMART - Specific Measureable Attainable Realistic Timely.

My primary motivation for excise is:
Maintaining a healthy body weight. Increasing strength and endurance. Ulitmately 6 months from now I'd like to be in the lower to mid 150 range. Only 10 more to go!

I plan to begin excercising on:
Today.

The people who will help me accomplish my goals include:
Melissa, friends and family.

I will keep track of activities and progress by:
Recording them in a notebook.

The steps that I need to take in order to get started are:
Continue morning exercise. Add 2 evening session per week or 1 evening session and one saturday run. Make healthy eating choices, staying away from high fat foods or simple sugars.
Barriers that will keep me from acheiving my goals include:
Excess beer/food consumption.....umhhh, Frank aka 'my bad influence'! Holiday parties.
Strategies to overcome barriers include:
Instead of drinking beer or sugary drinks, have water, tea or coffee. Instead of eating cheese after work for a snack, make a salad. Eat more meals, but in smaller portions to stay full longer.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Babe- I'd love to help you with this. :) If this is what you want.

However, you'll have to talk to the cuz, since your BOTH bad influences on each other. haha