Custom Search

Jan 1, 2009

happy new year 2009!!

Happy New Year 2009 everyone!

Ah, 2008 not a very exciting year for me personally but that's ok. Even though the year is done and over, the impact of this year will be felt for many years to come. We have historically elected our nation's first black president, Barack Obama. With that there is a lot of hope for change in the future. We have entered into a pretty severe economic recession that will probably take a while to get over. We are still at war in both Iraq and Afghanistan, for who knows how long. The Bills and the Yankees both had bad seasons. We've had super high gas spikes around $4.25 a gallon, down to about $1.60 a gallon by the end of the year. Who would have thought we'd see prices this low again!

On a more personal level - I'm really looking forward to 2009. In 2009 I'm getting married to Melissa. I'm also looking to buy a first home. A lot of big life changes for me and that's exciting.

What are you looking forward to most in 2009?

2 comments:

Amanda @ notsoextraordinary said...

i'm hoping that i make enough money this year to consider myself a "real adult" :)

Melissa said...

you. As my husband.