Custom Search

Jan 10, 2009

dang virus!



So I have a pretty nasty worm on my computer called Win32.Zafi.B , which pretty much leaves my computer shit out of luck. Windows classifies this as a trojan horse that steals passwords and/or takes screenshots to send them off to some location. Other research I've done said
"Zafi.B is a moderately destructive worm that may cause antivirus and security products to stop working. It also may overwrite executables of installed security products. Zafi also disables RegEdit, MsConfig, and the Task Manager and may also launch a DoS attack against several Hungarian web sites."
I've seen that my variant of the worm, prevents Firefox or IE from opening at all. When you try to click on turn on Firewall or try to open MSConfig, the computer restarts itself. I can't even get into Safe Mode to try to get ride of this piece of crap, because they've disabled input of the F8 key. What the code tries to do is open its own browser, and take me to a website Bit Defender, something or other, which I've read is not good. They are basically trying to scare you into buying this malware remover to remove this worm/virus, which it may or may not even do.

I'm really pissed at whoever created this. People who write viruses, spam and malware, have way too much time on their hands. This morning I will have to spend the next several hours reformating my computer and then reinstalling all programs, thanks to these douchebags. Freakin great!

No comments: